As we have previously hinted at, #Resist was our last anthology. We’ve had a great run and gave a lot of money to charities well deserved. However, we are turning our attention to something a bit ‘bigger’. Ricky’s Back Yard is proud to announce that we are currently accepting full-length novel manuscripts!
Got a novel? How about a collection short stories? Poetry (sorry, no poetry!) Graphic Novel?! Sure! We want raw. We want real. We want YOU!
Our rules are simple:
- Send via Submittable a Cover letter, a logline, a synopsis (no more than 1-2 pages!), and the first 30 pages of your novel/short story collection/graphic novel in PDF form.
- If you do submit somewhere else, tell us so we are aware.
- If we say ‘yes’, and if you accept, then you agree to our terms (which are similar to our anthology terms but we keep the rights with us longer).
- If you we say ‘no’, we will try to give you feedback. That feedback might be ‘this was damn close, if you want try this this and this the resubmit’ or it might be ‘sorry, but no thank you’.
Our offer is also simple:
- We don’t charge a reader fee (beware of anyone who does)
- We don’t charge our authors a damn cent (beware of anyone who does)
- We do not pay advances–but will pay royalty.
- You will receive an e-book and print book treatment.
- You will receive an author copy of each.
- You will have input on cover art
- You will keep future rights (but if you do make a damn movie out of this–remember us, eh?)
- We will do our best to push your book.
- We will treat you as one of the family (small prints ftw!) (No borrowing the car! Get home by 9! What’s that on your face?! A PLEDGE PIN!?!!)
- We will entertain publishing things that most houses would blush reading.